Jan 29, 2011

diy | Lace Topped Table

If you haven't see it already Country Living magazine did a feature in their current issue all about decorating with lace and doilies in unique ways. These were three of my favorites...



Well I took a little inspiration from them and did a little lace emellishment of my own.

It was so simple! I'd previously painted this little side table red so I gave the top a couple coats of a matte off white paint on the top. After it was close enough to dry completley driedI taped the corners of a square paper doily to the top with painters tape. I then dry brushed and dabbed some red gloss paint over the open spaces in the doily, let it dry then did it again.

A little touch up was necesssary but overall it came out pretty darn cute don't ya think?

2 comments:

The Rusty Bucket said...

Cute! I've been handpainting checkerboards on side tables, this would be way more time/cost effective. Do you worry that doyle could snag or is it flush enough?

Katy said...

Thanks for the compliment! Checkboards are fun too :0)

I basically used it like a stencil so there was no issue with it snagging. The only thing I would maybe do different is use a removable adhesive for the doily/stencil so it lays really flush and maybe use spray paint instead of dabbing the paint on.

Hope that helps! Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,
Katy